The House of Gaia is pleased to offer piano, voice, and ensemble classes! The shared philosophy at the House of Gaia is that instruction is about the student, not about the teacher. Keeping that in mind at all times, each course is designed to provide a warm nurturing atmosphere for the student to find fun and enjoyment in learning
We take a holistic approach to teaching, where instructor-student compatibility is facilitated through student goals and style of music. We use a curriculum-based instruction approach, with short-term and long-term goals designated to meet the student’s primary music objectives.
Piano lessons are offered for beginning, intermediate, and advanced level piano students, ages 5 and up. Our teaching focuses on learning to read music notes and rhythm, and incorporates ear-training and piano performance technique. Students are encouraged to experiment with all styles of music, and may choose from classical, jazz, rock, pop, etc.
• Learn to enjoy playing for personal pleasure or for public performance.
• Learn to read music and improve your aural skills.
• Enhance your performance skills, build self-confidence, and express your inner creativity.
• Build your repertoire from music of all styles and historical periods.
• Learn to play by ear, improvise, and create your own compositions.
Each person is unique, and the lessons are customized based on your vocal needs and desires for any style of music, beginners through advanced!
Early instruction in voice focuses on simple songs and pitch exercises to aid in developing a musically tuned ear in a FUN, RELAXED environment. The student should ultimately be able to sing witih ease, confidence, and enjoyment.